Thursday, February 4, 2010

My Take on Beer Guts and Banning Beer Pong

First of all, with Valentine's Day coming VERY soon, I was astonished to come across this article discussing whether or not Man Boobs and Beer Guts were Turn-Off's or not. C'mon people - unless I can put a tap in that beer gut and get wasted off of it, those two man-features will NEVER be attractive.
Man Gut & Boobs


In other Beer news, on Monday I read that Beer Pong is now banned on Huntington Beach in California. Now, I am a BIG fan of beer pong and am always up for a game, but the restaurant owners on this beach are saying the partying has gotten a little TOO out of control. I have never been to Huntington Beach...but I am not sure I want to now! Maybe it's time for those Huntington Beach drinkers to check out DrinkingStuff.com and stock up on beer pong gear for INSIDE their homes...

On the DrinkingStuff.com Facebook Fan Page I asked some of our fans if they had ever made up any shots or shooters, and here's the recipes people wrote:

A "Mexican Russian"
Mix vodka and tequila
-Richard C.

"The Clemontime"
UV Blue Pepsi and Redbull
-Kyle C.

"Pearadise"
Pear vodka sprite splash of lime
-Dave B.

"Gorilla Fart"
Bacardi 151 and Tequila
-Joshua S

Hahaha, I am not sure about that last one. 151 is some serious alcohol...and so is tequila. Mixed together may cause some craziness! Although, I don't think I could ever drink something called "fart" :)

Speaking of recipes, I found this really awesome recipe for Pecan-Beer Shrimp with Sauce. I haven't tried to make it yet...maybe I'll whip it up on Superbowl Sunday!

In other news, Goose Island announced an Eco-Friendly Beer that's packaging is much less wasteful that other beer packages are...and apparently the beer is "green" as well...well, not in color - you know what I mean! :) It's called "Green Line Pale Ale"
Green Line Pale Ale


I will end this blog post with a quote:

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
-Ernest Hemingway

No comments:

Post a Comment